1:04 PM on 10th September 2011
This is believed to be one of the men counter
terrorism chiefs say are plotting a terrorist attack in America on the 10th
anniversary of the 9/11.
An image of American-born 22-year-old Jude
Kenan Mohammad has been posted on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted list.
He has been linked to what officials have
called a credible but unconfirmed al-Qaeda threat to set off a car bomb on
bridges or tunnels in New York City or Washington.
The Wall Street Journal reported Mohammad is
among three al-Qaeda leaders that investigators believe pose a particular threat
because they have lived in the U.S.
Should that mission prove impossible, the
attackers have been told to simply cause as much destruction as they
Mohammad, who was born in Florida, dropped out
of North Carolina’s Fuquay-Varina High School in 2006 and left the U.S. two
years later to visit Pakistan, his father’s homeland.
A federal grand jury in North Carolina
indicted him and seven other men in 2009 on charges that they conspired to carry
out terrorist activities around the world. Two of the men have pleaded guilty,
and the trial of four others is set for September 19 in New Bern.
Federal authorities have never arrested
Mohammad in the case, saying that they believe he has been in Pakistan since the
indictment was issued.
Frank Perry, a former FBI agent in Charlotte,
said: ‘They were far along in their planning and he’s not here, so perhaps he’s
done more planning since then.
‘If he’s a so-called leader, it could be a
leader for a particular operation. It could be a leader of a particular
Word that al-Qaida had dispatched would-be
attackers reached U.S. officials this week.
A CIA informant who has proven reliable in the
past approached intelligence officials overseas to say that the men had been
ordered by al-Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahri to mark Sunday’s 10th anniversary
of the 9/11 attacks by doing harm on U.S. soil.
The informant says the would-be attackers are
of Arab descent and may speak Arabic as well as English. Counterterrorism
officials were looking for certain names associated with the threat, but it was
unclear whether the names were real or fake.
The news comes as a massive security operation
was under way in New York and Washington D.C. after U.S. spy networks
intercepted communications from an Al Qaeda operative in Pakistan.
The ‘chatter’ indicated plans to attack the
capital and New York, a senior security source indicated.
Thousands of anti-terror officers will flood
the streets tonight and radiation detecting boats were patrolling the water as
America was put on heightened alert of a terror strike to coincide with Sunday’s
Sources revealed the terror cell has been
instructed by al Qaeda and could be targeting subways, tunnels and bridges
around Manhattan, but other big cities, including Los Angeles and Chicago, are
also on red alert.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, one U.S.
official said on Friday there was reason to believe the threat may be linked to
al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri.
Zawahri took the reins of al Qaeda after Osama
bin Laden was killed in May in a U.S. raid in Pakistan.
The intelligence received this week included
possible threats of attacks targeting subways or commuter trains as well as
possible car bomb attacks in New York or Washington, U.S. officials
New York City Police Commissioner Raymond
Kelly said: ‘We have to be concerned. Terrorism is theater and this is a stage,
right now probably the world’s biggest stage.’
Some senior officials however have poured cold
water on the al-Zawahiri link, saying he has had only limited involvement in al
Qaeda operations, knowing he is the primary U.S. target after the killings of
Osama bin Laden in May and top al-Qaida strategist Abu Abd al-Rahman Atiyyat
Allah last month.
‘Bin Laden was more involved in al Qaeda
operations than al-Zawahiri,’ a senior official said. ‘He’s too busy trying to
Regardless, the White House believes some
element of al Qaeda is behind the threat — just not al-Zawahiri himself.
More dog patrols: A New York Police Department member
holds his dog as he patrols near Columbus Circle
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg today rode
the subway to work in a bid to assure his residents that New York is prepared
for any terror attack.
He reiterated that the threat was ‘credible’
but said there was ‘no reason’ for Americans to ‘lock ourselves in our houses
and lose the freedoms that the terrorists want us to give up.’
‘Are we increasing it a little more? Yeah,’
the Mr Bloomberg said on his weekly WOR radio show. ‘But there’s a limit on how
much you can have because you can’t have a cop on every corner.’
Without giving specific details of the new
threat, the mayor said it was being taken seriously because it wasn’t
And after getting off the train near the
Brooklyn Bridge, Mr Bloomberg urged New Yorkers to just: ‘Go back to work. And
leave it to the professionals.’
His words came as Vice President Joe Biden
said that while intelligence on a potential terror plot against U.S. cities came
from a credible source, there is ‘no certitude’ an attack has been
Mr Biden said he and President Obama had been
briefed on intelligence developed by the CIA that three men may have entered the
country with the intent to launch a vehicle-bomb attack.
‘We do have talk about using a car bomb. We’ve
been told that was an intention… from a credible source,’ Mr Biden said on
Good Morning America. ‘But we do not have confirmation of that. We don’t have a
‘The thing we are all most worried about is
what they call a ‘lone ranger,’ a lone actor, not some extremely complicated
plan like it took to take down the World Trade towers.
However, a source told the New York Post:
‘It does feel more operational than most
of the others we’ve had that have been more aspirational.’
The information, which came from chatter
picked up overseas by the CIA, said the attack would occur on the 10th, 11th or
12th, another source told the paper.
Federal officials said yesterday that three
individuals – one believed to be a U.S. citizen – entered the country last month
by air with ‘intent’ to carry out a terrorist plot against Washington, D.C. or
Police sources told reporters the individuals
are believed to have come to the U.S. via Afghanistan or Pakistan with at lease
one stop in another country, possibly Iran.
heavens in the background
The FBI and Homeland Security Department
issued a joint intelligence bulletin last night to law enforcement around the
country urging them to maintain increased security and be on the lookout for
‘There is specific, credible but unconfirmed
threat information,’ the head of the FBI’s New York division, Janice Fedarcyk,
‘As we always do before important dates like
the anniversary of 9/11, we will undoubtedly get more reporting in the coming
Mr Bloomberg told reporters the city’s
observance of the attacks will go on as planned.
In Washington, law enforcement officials said
they were working 12-hour days indefinitely, and Police Chief Cathy Lanier said
unattended cars parked in unusual locations risked being towed.
U.S. INTELLIGENCE WARNS OF ‘LOTS OF
CHATTER’ ON JIHADI WEBSITES
Intelligence officials have warned of ‘lots of
chatter’ on jihadi websites about the imminent anniversary of 9/11, Homeland
Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, pictured, said yesterday.
The department will be at a heightened level
of readiness as the U.S. commemorates the anniversary but, she said, nothing yet
warrants raising the terrorist threat status.
CNN reported Ms Napolitano as saying: ‘We
don’t have something that would reach that standard, but we still have lots of
chatter out there. And we take every bit of that seriously and are tracking it
She said the anniversary would likely be an
‘iconic’ day for al Qaeda. But despite the heightened level of threat she
declined to give out details of security preparations.
‘I don’t want to give those (details) out
because I don’t want to tell the bad guys exactly what we’re doing,’ she
‘But I think it’s fair to say that in addition
to asking citizens to be vigilant and so forth, that we have ourselves leaned
forward and have made sure that we are doing all that we can from the DHS
Briefed on the threat information yesterday
morning, President Obama directed U.S. counter-terrorism agencies to redouble
their efforts, a White House official said.
A White House official yesterday told ABC:
‘The President was briefed on this specific threat information this morning and
has been updated on it throughout the day.
‘The United States government has already
significantly enhanced its security posture in advance of the 9/11 anniversary
to protect the country against possible terrorist threats.
‘Nevertheless, the President directed the
counter-terrorism community to redouble its efforts in response to this credible
but unconfirmed information.’
As of late last night, there were no plans to
change Mr Obama’s travel schedule on Sunday in light of the threat, the White
The president is scheduled to mark the
September 11 anniversary with stops at New York’s Ground Zero, the Pentagon and
He also will deliver a speech on Sunday night
at a memorial concert at the Kennedy Centre in Washington.
The Department of Homeland Security, which
said only last week that there was no credible information that al Qaeda was
plotting an attack around the September 11 anniversary, declined to offer
details on the threat.
It cautioned that there were always threat
reports before important dates like the anniversary of the September 11
Spokesman Matt Chandler said: ‘Sometimes this
reporting is credible and warrants intense focus, other times it lacks
credibility and is highly unlikely to be reflective of real plots under
‘Regardless, we take all threat reporting
seriously, and we have taken, and will continue to take all steps necessary to
mitigate any threats that arise.’
A second law-enforcement source played down an
ABC News report about missing rental trucks – saying the vehicles had been
recovered and there was no connection to terrorism.
At the press conference Mr Bloomberg spoke
about additional precautions being taken in the event potential threats were
The mayor said intelligence agencies have been
on ‘heightened alert’ as the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks
He advised New Yorkers not to change their
daily routines but to be vigilant in reporting anything suspicious.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said
heightened security measures would include increased bag inspections on the
city’s mass transit system, increased deployment of radiation monitoring
equipment, increased focus on landmark, houses of worship and government
buildings and increased bomb sweeps of parking garages and other
conference to discuss a new terrorist threat
Some New York residents said they were already
on high alert.
‘When I heard it this morning on the radio, it
definitely made me a little bit nervous, but I think you kind of have to go on,”
resident Mark Clark said.
‘Your best place is stay in the house during
the day. Don’t come out because you don’t know what’s going to happen,” said
Quinseya Johnson .
Each letter of the first name rules 9 years of life. Ages 0 to 27 are ruled by the sum of the first three letters of the name.
Jude Kenan Mohammad
10 (J is the 10th letter of the alphabet) + 21 (u is the 21st letter of the alphabet) + 4 (d is the 4th letter of the alphabet) = 35
So the number 35 rules his ages zero to twenty-seven.
35 = Credible threat. Homeland defense.
find out your own numerology at: