August 8th, 2011
After weeks of going door-to-door, volunteers tirelessly making phone calls day after day, and both candidates shaking hands and smiling for interviews, Election Day has arrived.
Beginning 7 a.m. Tuesday, voters will hit the polls to choose between incumbent Sen. Alberta Darling (R-River Hills) and her challenger, Rep. Sandy Pasch (D-Whitefish Bay).
For weeks, both have been filling Facebook with ‘thanks you’s’ and photos, and tweeting about events information and election details in an effort to find the last few votes.
While each has drastically different viewpoints on government, they both agree on one thing, it’s all about turnout for this election, and both Fox Point and Bayside village clerks agree, it’s going to be one busy day Tuesday.
“It’s been very busy for a special election,” Tanya O’Malley, Fox Point village clerk said. “This level of office often will bring out voters.”
O’Malley said of the 623 absentee ballots that have been issued. There are 4,975 registered voters in Fox Point, with a 12.3 percent turnout so far.
And it’s a similar story in Bayside.
“Judging by the amount of people calling (Monday), trying to still vote, I think that it’s going to be a large turnout because a lot of people couldn’t vote today like they wanted to,” Lynn Galyardt, Bayside’s director of finance and administration said.
On Monday, Galyardt said she received roughly 10 phone calls, and had to turn away two or three people came in hoping to file absentee ballots. “Those people were the hard ones, they were upset because I had to tell them no,” she said.
Bayside, which includes residents in both Milwaukee County and a small part of Ozaukee County, has a total of 3,176 registered voters. Galyardt said Bayside has sent out 15 absentee ballots in Ozaukee County, with 14 returned, as well as 401 absentee ballots issued in Milwaukee County, with 367 returned.
When you go to the polls on Tuesday, expect to see a few changes in procedures, as the new voter identification law will be partially implemented. Here are key changes that will be in effect Tuesday:
- Voters will be asked, but are not required to provide a photo ID. However, beginning in 2012 a voter must provide ID in order to vote.
- Any voter not able to provide a photo ID in 2011 will be given a handout that has been created by the state Government Accountability Board.
- Voters must sign the poll list when voting before they can receive a ballot.
- The residency requirement has changed from 10 days prior to Election Day to 28 consecutive days prior to Election Day.
- A voter can no longer use a corroborating witness when registering to vote.
- University and college students can establish residency for registration by using the combination of a college ID with a photo and a fee payment receipt dated no earlier than nine months before the election.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.. Here are the polling places in Fox Point and Bayside:
- Bayside residents can vote at Bayside Middle School, 601 E. Ellsworth Ln. Please use the Standish Place entrance.
- Fox Point residents can vote at either the Fox Point Police Department, 7300 N. Santa Monica Blvd., or the Longacre Pavilion, 7343 N. Longacre Rd.
If you’re not sure where to vote or whether you’re registered, check out the state’s Voter Public Access web site. You also can find a sample ballot on the site.
Alberta Darling was born on April 28th, 1944 according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Darling
April 28th, 1944
4 + 28 +2+0+1+1 = 36 = her personal year (from April 28th, 2011 to April 27th, 2012) = Feeling like the weight of the world is on her shoulders.
36 year + 7 (July) = 43 = her personal month (from July 28th, 2011 to August 27th, 2011) = Friends.
43 month + 9 (9th of the month on Tuesday August 9th, 2011) = 52 = her personal day = Teaching you a lesson.
Sandy Pasch was born on May 19th, 1954 according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Pasch
May 19th, 1954
5 + 19 +1+9+5+4 = 43 = her life lesson = what she is here to learn = Friends. Celebrating. Congratulations.
May 19th, 1954
5 + 19 +2+0+1+1 = 28 = her personal year (from May 19th, 2011 to May 18th, 2012) = Fortune favors the bold.
28 year + 7 (July) = 35 = her personal month (from July 19th, 2011 to August 18th, 2011) = Hanging in there.
35 month + 9 (9th of the month on Tuesday August 9th, 2011) = 44 = her personal day = It is what it is.
find out your own numerology at: